Monday 10 October 2011

Midnight feasts

I have just put my son to bed for his afternoon nap. At 3 and a half years old, that's pretty lucky. Well, what's really lucky is the fact that he stays there. I pick him up from nursery at 12, Cici is already with me as she doesn't go to nursery yet, and we go home for lunch. After some riveting meal like bovril on toast and cucumber, I put them both into bed. Cici still very much needs her nap, Johnny could go either way. But I need him to need his nap, and today it didn't quite go according to plan. I put him in bed, came down to add more to my A-Z baby tab, and there at the top of the stairs appeared a little naked boy, clutching his raggy, who declared " I have had a really long sleep mummy, I promise you, and now it is time to get up!" ... Hmm... Thinking on my feet I guaranteed him he could have a midnight feast if he went straight back to bed. So I wrapped up a fruit shortcake biscuit in a piece of kitchen roll, slid it under his pillow, and he has vowed to stay in bed till I go and get him, Knights Honour. Bless him. I love him so much I could burst.
Mx

PS Check out the baby section for updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment