Tuesday 4 October 2011

Bottoms and noses

This morning, at 7.30am to be precise, I thought it was about time I kick started my fitness regime (sadly in decline over the last 5 years of children), so I wangled my way into my dear friend Sarah's personal training session. I was feeling extremely proud of myself as I skipped along to the park, did a few star jumps, and then... squat jumps up stairs, front and side lunges, burpees (why do exercises sound similar to gross things that come out of children?)... Then ping! Left buttock is no more! Seriously I felt it disentangle itself from the rest of my body. But not wanting to let the side down, I continued along, grinning (or grimacing?) inanely until the session was over. I now have a left butt cheek that has a constant dull pain and I'm walking a bit like Basil Faulty. If I'm like that now, what on earth will I be like tomorrow morning?

On a lighter note, my youngest Cici has developed a runny nose. One of those charming ones that leave 2 streams of radioactive green goo down your face. I have just had a mum over from school with her 17 month old, who is thinking about doing her basement so wanted to see ours. I could see the look of horror as before I had the chance to wipe the offending article, Cici managed to spread the goo all over her hand, and all over her favourite plastic Makka Pakka. Then miracle of miracles, she took this as her moment to show how good she is at sharing. Sharing snot. I guess that's just one of the hazards of childhood!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment