Thursday 6 October 2011

Good Job done

On logging on this morning I got quite a jolt when I read the headline of Steve Jobs' death. I feel so sad that such a terrific mind and entrepreneurial spirit has been taken from the world so soon. You only need to look at the number of comments on the BBC news website to know that I am not alone. 753 people have already left a comment, and I'm sure this will only increase. This passing of this man, that we didn't actually know and who by all accounts was tough to deal with, has had such a profound effect on so many people across the globe.

As I sit at my Mac, with my i-phone next to me, thinking about how many other people have got Apple products in their homes and workplaces it is clear what a tremendous success Jobs made of his passion, and on such a monumental scale. What an impact one person's dreams can have upon the world when they become a reality!

So I am sad for the untimeliness, I am sad for his family and his children whose grief will long surpass that of the world and I am sad that the modern-day killer that is cancer has once again taken another victim.

However I rejoice in a life that brought so much to the world, I rejoice in the example that he has given us all to follow our dreams, no matter how small, to stick to our guns when times get tough, and to believe in ourselves.

I am saddened, yet inspired. What a legacy to leave behind! To stir the ambitions of total strangers!

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs, and God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment